Thursday, September 13, 2018

LITERARY: Trust Condom

By: Eric Paulin

(c) https://assets.rappler.com
We met in front of a far-away McDonald's. It was the day we had so carefully planned, for it was our special day. She was wearing the blouse I gave her on our third monthsary and the memory of that day when we had first made love was still fresh on my mind.

When I approached her, her sweet scent immediately hit my nose. It was coming from her neck, which I really loved resting my chin on. "Sorry if I kept you waiting," I murmured, concealing the excitement from my face.

"It's all right," she responded, smiling.

She gave me a hug that felt like heaven to me.

Today was our seventh monthsary. We talked about this day since forever and had set out a well-thought plan since the both of us had to be home at a specified time. Our schedule that day was tight; we only planned on seeing a movie, have dinner, and then that was it. We could not extend, unlike in computer shops.

We were able to catch a movie that was so scary, she had had her arms around mine the entire time. Discreetly, I took over the opportunity and smelled the aroma of her hair every time she would lean close to me.

I really loved her... and I knew that she felt the same way.

Suddenly, something vibrated inside my pocket. I almost forgot about my cellphone because my attention was all hers. I fished for it and checked the notification flashed on the screen:

1 new message

I hit read.

"Good night," it says. "I love you."

With my icy hands shaking insanely, I replied, "I love you too. Sleep well. So busy here at work." 

*   *   *

Back home, Sarah shut her cellphone off after receiving her boyfriend's reply. On her hand was a sachet of condom she intended to give him as a surprise for their anniversary tomorrow.

She thought about why condoms are only meant for one usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment