Monday, June 6, 2022

LITERARY: "Evince" by Loris Charmane Calimag

 

Published by: Jan Yeasha Mendez

Date Published: June 6, 2022

Time Published: 8:50 PM


Category: Prose


They made fun of my naked thighs where she had slept a day of gloom, where she had wiped her eyes so swollen. They snickered at me long, "Pitiful," they had whispered. Oh, dear life. How I wished she had heard those sea of insults; crowded, manic. She would have laughed with me with full certainty, I was sure. For those words were never so lonely yet they were so rude to cling on the desperate. On us. 

π»π‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘šπ‘’ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘¦, π‘‘π‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ β„Žπ‘’π‘Žπ‘£π‘’π‘›π‘  π‘€β„Žπ‘œ π‘›π‘œπ‘€ 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑑 β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘œπ‘› π‘”π‘œπ‘™π‘‘π‘’π‘› π‘π‘™π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘ .

That girl. I still wished her poverty. I wouldn't have hated it if she had asked me my flesh, my claws, my skin, everything I had without rest. She need not to stay there above, where bountiful fruits laid. She had always loved our sin. Did you not? It was much heavenly that even the dead dared to watch.


Screengrabbed from the manga series, Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment