Monday, June 6, 2022

LITERARY: Me To You by Lorraine D. Villente

 


Published by: Renz Mar M. Mangana

Date Published: June 6, 2022

Time Published: 10:31 AM


Category: Poetry 

Theme: Romance

Synopsis: We’re merely like butterflies; we don’t see our own beauty, but to the eyes of others, we might just be the most majestic thing that has ever existed upon them.

 

To you, a man with never-ending benevolence,

The anchor that brought down the titanic from the rigorous tides,

A sweet, mellow record that was ceaseless with the lyrics never outdated,

Never too selfish to share the soothing duvet he owned to shelter the morose soul.

 

Oneself would ask,

“Why was it that a man such as yourself would attempt to fix the fragments of a shattered mirror?”

What could it be that you highly hoped to gain?

When even among the rabble of those you previously encountered, suggest leaving and going to find a better one.

 

No individual would ever comprehend your endeavors,

But even so, I found myself gazing at the scene.

Mouth agape by the finished product you had pieced back tenderly.

 

Enamored by you—that was what I was portraying through the art of inked sentences,

Through that broken mirror, you paraded with pride,

Caught my wandering eyes, sauntered closer to me, as you beheld the odious object.

 

Through that reflection, still, you saw me as what I failed to accept,

“A man who never faltered in going through lengths just to share his grin with me.” 

Not even now could I atone for the mountains you have crossed for me.

 

I hoped that you could hear me in between these lines,

As I did with you in my mind.

 

To me, you told me that I was beautiful 

To you, I told you that I loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment