Tuesday, June 7, 2022

LITERARY: "Red Thread" by Axel Adame


 Published by: Airene Nicole Q. Pamintuan

 Date Published: June 7, 2022

 Time Published: 12:17 PM


Classification: Poem

Theme: Fate

Synopsis: Billions of people in the world yet no one was attached with me - left me in the aisle. As returning on that aisle, a thread was forming that made me still believe that the two can become one. 


--

At the verge of giving up, 

Seeking for validations.

Tears flowing consistently;

Slipping through the eyes - becomes blurry. 


Many times of trying,

Ends with nothing but a heavy heart.

"Does no one for me?" 

Cold breeze converging to my skin.


Love is something that makes us happy, 

At the same time, otherwise. 

However, love is a genuine feeling - 

For the two to become one. 


Thoughts bombarding in my mind, 

That billions of people in the world, 

Yet no one is serious to me;

No one is attached with me. 


How can I uplift my self? 

If a person sinks me down to the bottom. 

That we are happy, but we are not. 

That we are about to walk in the aisle of promise. 


As walking again to that aisle, 

Strange feeling pulling me. 

My body is constantly moving,

Along with my heart is starting to beat faster.


Red thread circling on my ring finger,

Waving flawlessly yet strangely.

As I turn my head at the back of the aisle -

A red thread making its way for the both of us. 


A time that makes me still believe that the two can become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment