Monday, June 6, 2022

LITERARY: "Seedling" By Samantha Apalit

 

Published by: April R. Despi

Date published: June 06, 2022

Time published: 12:23 AM 


Classification: Poetry 

Theme: Beginnings, Early Love 

Sypnosis: When a new opportunity to love comes, how much do we risk? And when we do risk it, how will we let them know?


I planted a seedling in your heart.

That is me.

That is my love. 

Take care of yourself,

for my seedling

is now sitting in the caverns of your heart.

I trust you with my seedling. 

Always smile,

shine your rays 

toward my seedling.

Never cry alone,

water my seedling 

with your tears.

Laugh a lot,

fertilise my seedling,

make it grow tall.

Your anger,

use it to culminate the soil,

so my seedling can grow its roots.

You are all my seedling needs;

You as you were,

you as you are,

you as you will be,

you. you. you.

And when you feel lonely,

Remember my seedling waits for you.

Remember it will bloom for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment