Sunday, February 13, 2022

LITERARY: “The Great King Alas and the Gorgeous King of Poetry” by Darein Catchillar

 


If I'm a shotten poet, mourning for any meeds; 

Being tormented by my reflection's alack; 

Being amerced by my cruel head; 

Like a shackled hummingbird unable to fly across the hazy sky; 

How do I make your eyes glisten as though you're graciously loving me? 

 

If you are as lovely as the white daisies in a field full of comfort; 

Being one with the wind that does not mammer to slip around the sharps of ours; 

Being enclosed by the dearly wonders of each bee that plays around your head; 

Like a subject of a conversation that does not pall to shame or any burdens; 

Why can't I make fleshment from my lips that offer to kiss yours? 

 

Nothing pleases me but a picture of your smile. 

When we think love is not around, 

I know it is around. 

And you can love me even when I'm gone, 

But I'll always be around. 

 

Nothing will make me happier than to set foot on your humble land. 

When I think it's not enough, 

You'll say it is enough. 

And I'll love you when you're gone, 

But know that we're just around. 

 

This hap in the soil of our feet, 

And the setting of the sun when the moon comes around. 

I know you'll hide away your love from me, 

But bate me to have a glimpse of your artistic soul. 

Your vessel will always loof coming back to me. 

 

And we'll always love each other, even when we're down. 

Indue us when splendor isn't present. 

We'll be our own oasis of tranquillity. 

When we are at a loss for words to say,  

Don't ever think I'm not around. 

 

Nobody has ever seen a jocund beauty like yours. 

It's almost as though we're cold and we're each other's warmth; 

And if this is it, you may have my palace. 

And you'll be known as the Great King Alas. 

There will be no queen alongside you, only the Gorgeous King of Poetry. 

 

If this love is too poetic to flow right through our hands; 

Being dupped by its sincerity and dedication; 

Being sanctified by our twilled and veiled loving skins; 

Like how we cover our chests with clean garments; 

What's the great deal with your phantom if it's not coexisting with mine? 


Painting: Embrace Always Blue (1950) by Peter Wever


Published by: Euleen Summer O. Garchitorena

Date Published: February 13, 2022

Time Published: 6:40 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment