Tuesday, April 12, 2022

LITERARY: "(L̶o̶v̶i̶n̶g̶) Writing Stories" by Samantha Apalit

 

Published by: Lloyd Agbulos 
Date published: April 12, 2022
Time published: 5:21 PM

Category: Prose
Theme: Longing, Regrets
Synopsis: As writers, we're wired to be creative and make the most out of opportunities to be able to write magnificent stories. But what if those chances moved from the paper to real life? How do we stop writing stories and start taking chances?

I am a writer. I write stories.

As I walked past a girl in the supermarket, an orange rolled out of her basket. I took it off the ground and gave it back to her. She looked at me with a gentle smile as she thanked me, and I almost asked for her number. I thought if I asked her for her number, would she give it to me? Would we have talked if she'd given it to me? Maybe we would've found out we both like oranges and citrus. We would've talked about how citrus was a nice candle scent. I would've bought her a citrus candle for her birthday, and she'd asked me to be hers on Christmas—the candle I gave her burning at the edge of her bedside table. Citrus would've filled the air and I would've thought of her whenever I saw oranges.

But I didn't ask her for her number. I am a writer. I simply write stories. And now whenever I think of oranges, I also think of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment