Thursday, November 27, 2025

π—‘π—˜π—ͺ𝗦: "Zaldy Co alleges Marcos dictated controversial ₱100B budget insertion" by Jhaebilyn B. Pallorina

 


Published by: Lady Yoohee P. Catapang

Date Published: November 27,2025

Time Published: 6:19 AM


Former Ako Bicol Rep. Zaldy Co revealed that President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. ordered the alleged ₱100 billion budget insertion for the DPWH projects during bicameral deliberations, in a video statement posted on Co's Facebook page on November 14, 2025.

In his videos, Zaldy Co said that while he was abroad, Speaker Romualdez called him and told him to stay out of the country, assuring him he would be “well taken care of” as instructed by Marcos and Co said he initially complied but later accused Marcos of using him as a “poster boy” for his anti-corruption campaign.

Co said the issue began when Budget Secretary Amenah Pangandaman told him the President had ordered a ₱100 billion insertion into the DPWH budget—he claimed Romualdez confirmed it, saying: “What the President wants, he gets.”

Co also described a meeting at MalacaΓ±ang where Pangandaman handed him a list of projects worth ₱100 billion, saying it came directly from the President.

He stated that he suggested splitting the funds, allocating ₱50 billion for DPWH projects and placing the rest in unprogrammed funds, but the plan was rejected by Marcos, and Co insisted he did not personally benefit and the 25% of the funds went to the President, which is ₱25 Billion.

Co claimed he and his staff personally delivered the budget, which was placed in suitcases—he provided pictures as evidence along with a full list of the projects, posting them on his Facebook account. 

Co challenged Ombudsman Remulla to prove his words and investigate, particularly Speaker Romualdez, and said he believes the Senate will eventually uncover the truth.

MalacaΓ±ang dismissed Co’s claims, calling them “pure hearsay” and baseless, and said all budget adjustments follow proper procedures and the Palace also urged Co to return to the Philippines, saying he should face any allegations directly.

Meanwhile, in the third part of his video statement released on November 16, Co said that the administration is using all of the country’s resources to keep him silent and that he is certain more death threats will come his way.

Co claimed that since March 2025, Speaker Romualdez had been threatening him, allegedly saying he would shoot him if Co revealed the truth, he also said that when he was out of the country, he was warned that Romualdez would hire a police officer to kill him inside jail if he returned home.

Co asserted that he will reveal more information — including details involving Henry Alcantara of the DPWH, whom he accused of lying to the ICI about the ₱25-billion fund, saying it was actually ₱56 billion, which he alleged went to Marcos and Romualdez.

At the end of the video, Co said he hopes he does not get killed and apologized to his family and to Filipinos, saying he only followed what he was told to do and is now ready to face the consequences.


REFERENCES: 

[1] Zaldy Co. (2025, November 15). Video post [Video]. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/share/v/17b3j4zkLt/

[2]. Zaldy Co. (2025, November 14). Video post [Video]. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1EtDs5eMDC/

[3]. GMA News. (2025, November 15). Post [Post]. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/share/p/175WJDCvUE/

[4]. GMA News. (2025, November 14). Video post [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/lBFsqnNLU94?si=bM-apGRcq-J4vlKJ


No comments:

Post a Comment