Saturday, June 13, 2026

π—Ÿπ—œπ—§π—˜π—₯𝗔π—₯𝗬: "Freedom of Love" by Lana Yvonne Rante

 


Cartoon by: Alexa Robil

Published by: Jellyssa Boniza 

Date Published: June 13, 2026

Time Published: 8:14 AM



Category: Prose

Theme: The freedom to love whoever we want without shame or the desire to change. 


‎Loving you is not a sin, in fact, it did not feel like a sin to be loved and to love you. It felt exactly like how I was supposed to feel. Natural, fated and meant to be. 
‎To love you with no restraints is freedom itself. For if love truly demanded that one of us become someone else, then it would not be love at all.
‎I do not look at you and see something that needs to be corrected. I do not dream of a different version of us that would be easier for others to accept. I do not imagine different names, different faces, or different lives so that our love may fit neatly into the expectations of strangers.
‎I only imagine you.
‎And I only wish to be myself beside you.
‎There is something beautiful about finding a reflection of your own in another person. Not because they are identical to you, but because they understand the pieces of your existence without explanation. We stand beneath the same sky, walk the same roads, carry many of the same burdens, and yet we somehow found each other among so many other souls.
‎People often speak of love as though it must be built upon differences, as though two hearts can only belong together if they stand on opposite sides of an invisible line. Yet my heart never followed that rule. It reached for yours all the same.
‎The only tragedy I have ever found is that some people would rather question the shape of our hands than see how gently we hold each other. They search for reasons when love itself should have been enough of a reason. But I refuse to believe that something so honest belongs in hiding. I refuse to believe that affection becomes less pure simply because it blooms where others did not expect it to.

‎For what I feel when I look at you is not rebellion.
‎It is not confusion. It is simply love. 
‎And perhaps that is how I know it's real.

‎Because even in a world that would make us rewrite ourselves, I have never wanted to change a single thing about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment