Saturday, September 22, 2018

LITERARY:"Under The Moonlight"

By Joahanna Jeserrie San Jose

Been trying to tell you this
I was supposed to tell you this
A Message for you who was feeling blue
Listen, this is all for you

Last night, I saw you staring at the moon
Right in front of you, through the only window in your room
Is the most beautiful moon
The beautiful moonlight serving a light in your room

I was supposed to join you watching
But then I heard you sobbing
And I knew it, I knew you were doing it again
I knew you were crying all your heart again

One, two, three, four; Four sides of your room who witnessed all of your misery
I, who witnessed the happenings in your life, feeling great, happy, sorrow, all of your history
The moon who witnessed all your tears
Your pillows who became your peers

Remember the time that I caught you weeping in front of the moon?
I asked if you’re okay, and I know it was the dumbest question
But you answered with a smile, tears are dripping down on your face and said,"I am okay, I’m really okay"
And it pains me, ‘cause your eyes are screaming in agony that day

The moment I saw your painful tears
I promised to myself that,"Next time you'll cry, it'll be the last time, my dear."
‘Cause, I want you to feel cheery,
I want to see you happy

But I didn’t do anything
I didn’t do anything to stop you crying
And I am so sorry, I’m so sorry for doing nothing
I’m so sorry I did nothing

But this time, for the second time around, I promise you
I promise that I’ll be here for you
I promise that I’ll protect you
I'll protect you from the pain that people gives you

Don’t mind what other people say
Ignore all the hate you hear everyday
Cause you can’t please them to like you
People are just like that; they can never stop judging you

I know depression is not easy at all but it is okay
It’s okay cause no matter what happen I’ll be here to stay
It’s okay cause I’ll make sure everything will be okay
It is okay, though I know you’re really not okay

Hold my hand
And together we will stand
In this sea of dejection, you'll not be drowning anymore
Cause I’ll save you, help you, and tell you, “I am here with you, forevermore”

No comments:

Post a Comment