Wednesday, June 1, 2022

LITERARY: Silhouette of a Lover on Cold Evenings by Akhia Dela Peña

 


Published by: Renz Mar M. Mangana

Date Published: April 8, 2022

Time Published: 1:52 PM


Classification: Short Prose

Theme: Recollection

Synopsis: A story of a lover who misses someone from their past.


Everything reminded me of you. I kept comparing you to her. I missed your love. The way you touched my heart was unlike anyone. The way your smile could light up my day. I missed your laugh. The shadows of yesterday were haunting me, and I couldn't stop myself from wanting you, even though someone was far more worthy than you. I remembered all the good times every night that made me cry tears of despair and longingness for your love.

I knew, I should not feel this while having someone wait for me. I was such a selfish person. I was trying my best to ignore you. Everything she did for me reminds me of how you used to do that when I was your girl. I guessed I was still waiting for you to come with your words of assurance. The night was deep, and I thought what I was feeling was just a moment of weakness.

Loving you was the worst and best thing that ever happened to me. The best because everything we did together made me feel like it was the best memory that I will treasure, and the worst because all the pain that I felt while we are together is like a stab in my chest. I wished you did something to make me stay. You should have proven your worth. You were once my inspiration in everything I did. You were once my priority before anything else.

But was I one of your priorities? Or was I just nothing for you? Either way, I should stop thinking about you. I should put my feelings for you in the past now alongside our memories together.

For the last time, I dedicate this to you. You know who you are. Sorry if, in this lifetime, I cannot love you the way I used to. The pain that you have caused me is just unbearable. But I wish in the alternate universe our love will bloom like a flower every spring season. The taste of Lavender’s Kiss and the warm Cup of Tea will always be my fondest memory of you. I wish the parallel universe would give our love story a happy ending.




No comments:

Post a Comment