Wednesday, June 1, 2022

LITERARY: "He Was Never Heartless" By Darein P. Catchillar 

Published by: Rhina Ruth T. Galano

Date Published: June 01, 2022

Time Published: 5:34 PM


Category: Poetry

Theme: Emptiness of Attaining False Dreams

Sypnosis: He, who believed that life was all about conflict, declared war to be his biggest fear. He found life the way he wanted it the instant he realized it wasn't what he wanted.


I raught the tip of a fall,

I defined the whispers of the blues;

And the rustling water that should shrive,

I thought life would still tush if I won the battle.

 

My knots mained the flow of the good,

The pulsidge of mine devoured the dark;

And I looked at the form that should darraign,

I hoised my crown and covered it with doomed blood.

 

My golden mirrors that seemed all affined,

I was gallowed by the line as it glistened;

And I loved seeing the gudgeons with me,

Yet though I stood this hurly as the village said the fishes were ugly.

 

I remained reputeless in the sound of the river,

I tried to misconstrue because I was misproud;

And still, it heard me puling over my calloused hands,

I thought the point of my sword should mell with skin and tear.

 

I became a silent rimer of the cierzo—

I was weakened as I stood on the cliffside;

I knew I was afeared by the acme of life,

The moment I jumped was the moment I felt alive.


Painting: Sierra Nevada (1871) by Albert Bierstadt

No comments:

Post a Comment