Monday, February 8, 2021

LITERARY: "Bottomless" by Ashley Naron Larwa

The ocean's a foot too deep, isn't it?

Have spent a hundred lifetimes,

But the bottom is still far from our fingertips;

When will we ever see the line that ends our misery?


But I guess the vast ocean is not far from the glass in front of me,

The ocean's still a liter too less to fill the gaps in our harmony. 

Its water doesn't reach the mouth of their cup,

No matter how much I try to open my tap.


Once, when they are busy looking for another source,

I looked up and down the cunning goblet,

Wondered why it can't be filled, is it somehow haunted?

And there, I found out that there are no invisible force.


If given the opportunity to choose which area I would fill,

I'd go straight for the vast ocean beyond the hill --

I would rather drown and die on the sea bed,

Than run out of water while trying to be what they have expected. 


No, they didn't push me to drown,

But isn't it similar when they didn't even reach out?

When I forgot where my limits are,

When I forgot to be who I desire.


They could have saved me,

But I guess I could have saved myself better,

If only I looked upon myself through the never-ending well,

And saw that it has never been me who lived, thus, there is nothing I could tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment