Friday, May 7, 2021

LITERARY: "When Cicadas Sing" by Fatima Rigel Ong

When the day ends,

The night rises

Cold winds blow, taking all the harshness of the world

Silence falls, having the earth as my only companion

Dusk blankets my body

And as the sun goes down, slowly drowning in the sea

I watch my life play before me

I lay all my troubles

All my doubts

And my unjustifiable rage

Letting my voice ring in the woods

I sing one last song

My song of hope

I wail my last cry

One long note till my last sigh

I’m hoping my song will reach the sky

I wish the stars will listen carefully

It might just see what’s inside me

Please don’t shed a tear

I will always be your little seer

This is not a farewell

Just embracing solemnity

I’m not kissing anything goodbye

For I am at peace where I lie

Just lend an ear

This is the last time I’ll be here

No comments:

Post a Comment