Monday, December 6, 2021

LITERARY: "Her" by: Sherume Esyrel L. Callao

 

Category: Poem

Theme: Regret

Synopsis: After shattering her heart, he regrets losing her. 


Wasn't the girl supposed to be an escape from his sorrows?

Her smile was for me before,

Till I freed her.

I broke her innocent and fragile heart,

Which only wanted the happiness of mine.

I always hoped to find her smile in the crowd,

To find that clingy woman in the corner.

Someday, maybe these wounds would heal;

But I'd always hope for it to never happen.

But if it did,

These eyes of mine would never hope again;

To see those beautiful eyes of her.

Nor touch those soft hands.

Neither do I miss those tight, warm hugs.

Not even those sweet lips.

I wish I loved her more than she deserves


Published by: Keith Alphonsus A. Ambuya

Date published: December 06, 2021

Time published: 1:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment