Wednesday, January 26, 2022

LITERARY: "On Starting Wars and Surrending" by Samantha Apalit


Classification: Poetry

Theme: Infatuation

Synopsis: We make rash decisions when we're enamored with someone or something, whether it's a person or a concept. Even when the risks and the consequences outweigh the benefit.


You are going to haunt me.

You are going to leave traces of yourself in the things you've left me.

You are going to say words that'll make me remember you for all the things you're not.

You are going to make me yearn for your hands that have never even touched my skin.

You are going to leave marks in the places of my heart you have never even seen.

You are going to make me miss you.

But to my surprise;

You are here to kill me.

You are here to ruin me.

You are here to haunt me.

Haunt me, then.

I beg of you to do so.


Published by: Heather Pasicolan

Date published: January 26, 2022

Time published: 3:50 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment