Tuesday, April 12, 2022

LITERARY: "Deus Vult" By Honey Grace Tolentino

 

Published by: Airene Nicole Q. Pamintuan

Date Published: April 12, 2022

Time Published: 2:27 PM



Category: Prose

Theme: An unwanted farewell

Synopsis: She knew that in life, one had to give up something to keep moving. “For you, the man I gave my heart to.”


-


They said life is a lesson we would forever have. Everything had its meaning when it comes to this free expensive ride. Then, did everything I gave up a part of it?


I had been giving up so many things in my life. All this time, I thought it was the most painful thing. That was until I met you. Maybe this was only a surge of my overflowing emotions that I could not tell you, even if I wanted to.


One of the fights that I always gave up was the war in love. I kept on running away, a coward who fell in love.  What a shame this was, I wanted to tell you, but my fear won. When I managed to muster up my courage, you were the one who shattered it. This was why I hate this feeling.


We could command our minds, but never our hearts.


We both knew each other yet my chances are zero. So, through this, I hope that you would realize how I saw you, at the same time I wished you wouldn’t. I denied it, still, my sympathy turned into a feeling boggling me.


I could not comprehend if it was actually me or my heart who was gasping for air. I could not breathe as I was drowning with jealousy I shouldn’t have felt. I had no right to do so. You were Dei Voluntas, a kind that would never be mine.


The moment I let the world see this, meant that I already stopped loving you. Please let me pull back the strings that you were holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment