Monday, April 18, 2022

LITERARY: "My Cup of Tea" by Akhia Dela Peña 


Published by: April R. Despi

Date published: April 18, 2022 

Time published: 3:30 PM


Classification: Short Prose

Theme: Recollection

Synopsis: I am here sitting on our favorite spot pouring my tea. I remembered how I poured tea into your cup, and how your eyes lit up on the first sip of your green tea.


I am here sitting on our favorite spot pouring my tea. I remembered how I poured tea into your cup, and how your eyes lit up on the first sip of your green tea. We will chat and talk for hours without minding the time and the people around us. We laugh at your silliest jokes. 


Talking to you calms every storm I feel inside. You know what exact words to say whenever I doubt myself. Then, I feel assured. We talk about the future as if we are sure about it even if the truth is, we don’t know what the future holds. We have a lot of dreams together. If I feel troubled you would always say, “We’ll get through this, okay?”. You are like chamomile tea. Your presence eases my troubled mind. Your assurance is my everything, every time I feel uncertainty.


I don’t drink tea, but because of you, I’m starting to appreciate the earthy taste of it. We use to be so happy back then. Now, without your presence, I feel like an empty cup that needs to be filled with your tea. Everything feels nothing without you beside me. I know, I did something for you to leave me. But trust me, I did my best to give you the love that you truly deserve but I don’t know how to reach out to you. My cowardice caused our relationship a lot of damage. But time will mend our broken hearts. I’m setting you free. I hope you’ll find another cup to be filled with your love and affection, and reciprocate your feelings. Even if our time together ends here. You will always be my favorite cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment