Thursday, September 22, 2022

𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬: "The Eyes That Lay on Prey" by Jasper Vincent S. Española

 



Posted by: April Despi

Date Published: September 22, 2022 

Time Published: 10:54 am 


Category: Poetry

Theme: Stalking


For every inch, I saw―

My hunger urged as frailed minds broke free.

Bloodshot eyes―bounded to the prize;

Of inevitable demise.


Of the lurking danger, I felt―

A further step, I slowly crumbled.

My feet were dying, still―I tried to conceal them.

A ghastly tone came from his mumbles;


I tripped! No―please, "don't do it!"

It went and dissolved my body's grit;

My consciousness broke down.

And my voice was soon to drowned―


An instant of despair shrouded;

My grey eyes suddenly clouded.

The horrors they may commit―I couldn't take it!

And so, I slipped.



Cartoon by Sofia Nicole Boston 

Pose Reference: https://shraddhasaangiras.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment