Friday, December 23, 2022

𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬: "This time, It Sunk: A sequel from This Time I Hope" by Allyssa Britney P. Torres

 

Published by Mea Nicole Osias

Date Published: December 23, 2022

Time Published: 9:26 AM

Category: Prose 

Theme: Lost friendship

Synopsis: Ayielle once lost her trust in friendship. When she started hoping for a better one, things went a little rough. 


One thing I was afraid of the most was losing a friendship. Losing one after another was a big trauma in my life. I once thought I would never escape the curse of losing friendships every year. 

"Give your best smile!" Renz turned the timer on and hurriedly went beside me. After a few seconds, I heard the camera shutter denoting that the picture was already taken. "You look mad again, Abi," Renz said after looking at the pictures. Abi only rolled her eyes, showing annoyance to Renz. 

We were always carefree and happy. Every moment was a happy one with them; I always noticed that. I was hopeful for our friendship. I slowly gained my trust in friendship, and it was surreal that it all happened because of these people who entered my life. 

I loved the thought of having them in my life for a long time. I believed our friendship was strong; it could surpass everything. 

Yet, was it strong enough not to break? Could my hope be unmoved when dark times enveloped the good ones? 

𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵...

"I think you didn't have to say that, though," Nics spoke up. "It may sound like a joke to you, but it's not. That isn't very good! Mind your words." 

The group became quiet after a heated conversation. It was the first time we had a conflict in the group. It had been happening lately. The insensitive jokes that were already said have damaged someone already. The differences started showing. 

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯...

"I think the fight between two people damaged the group. We should already talk about it," Yesh said. I quickly observed the vibe and chose not to speak yet, seeing their serious faces. "Elle, do you want to tell something?" Yesh asked me. Everyone's eyes were now on me; I felt nervous. 

I told them what I was feeling. Then, everyone talked about their thoughts. At that time, I thought the discussion would slowly resolve the conflict. 

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...

"Did you already talk?" Rio, a friend, asked me. I shrugged and looked at the boys who were playing. "They moved on; everyone did. I'll leave it as that." I continued playing games with Nics and ignored the vibe we had earlier.

𝘚𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴...

"Hi, Elle!" Avi greeted me when we crossed paths in the hall. I greeted her back, and then we returned to our own thing. We were already used to that; it became our setup. We would meet every school day, but differently from before. 

𝘞𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘥𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴? It was the question that always bothered my hope. "It was never deep in the first place because if it were, it wouldn't break," Yesh said. It was as if she had read my mind. 

I looked at their table and saw Eri wave at me. I waved back and gave her a small smile. At the same time, Rio and the two girls started walking away. Then, I contemplated. 

We were not yet in college when we separated paths. With a new set of friends and environment, we slowly departed from each other. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘺. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘶𝘴. That was when my hope sank. "A season has passed," I whispered before running to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment