Tuesday, April 2, 2024

𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬: "One Word" by Frans Danielle R. Castillo


Published by: Daniel Joshua Madrid
Date Published: April 2, 2024
Time Published: 9:15 AM

Category: Prose
Theme: Still caring for that person after ending things with them

"𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦?"
"𝘕𝘰."

I'm already over it if you even care. Believe me, I've already moved on. I can finally look at you without my heart beating so rapidly; I can finally touch your hand as if it's a casual day for me; and, I can finally say your name without my knees getting weak
Oh God, who am I kidding?

Everything you like and don't is still written in my notebook. I remember how you always pair your cali with strawberry-flavored lollipops because that's how you like it. The way you know how to play so many instruments, I remember. Guitar? Drums? Ukulele? You name it.

You always seek answers whenever you're curious about something. I remember how: you get tired so easily even though the day hasn't even started yet; fascinating you look whenever you're participating in a debate because that's your element; navy blue always reminds me of you.

I'm still listening to the playlist I made just for you. It’s a shame I never got the chance to give it to you. I reminisce about the things we once had and almost had. My hand can’t stop writing about you as if it had a mind of its own. I guess that's how I remind myself of what kind of loving woman you are.

I'm still writing about you because it's you that my heart's been yearning for. It's always been you. I've gotten to the point where I imagine that you're Rose Quartz and I'm Pearl. You can dismiss and neglect this feeling that I have for you, but it will never stop me from doing anything for you to protect you.

Pathetic as it sounds, but one word from you, and you can expect that I'm already in front of you. Just tell me you want me back, and just know that I'll already intertwine my hand with yours.

Just one word, and I am willing to risk it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment