Monday, April 8, 2024

𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬: “Who would you choose?” by Frans Danielle R. Castillo

 



Layout by: Josh Ezekiel Bahia

Published by: Ayesa Nicole Aman

Date Published: April 8, 2024

Time Published: 7:00 PM


Category: Prose
Theme: The feeling of having someone to choose from in every aspect of your life


“𝘐𝘯 𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦?”

At first, I didn't know the right answer. I shrugged it off and let out a chuckle when they groaned because of my response. I have no clue what to say because I have no one in mind.

Until she arrived.

It's difficult to look away from those pretty brown eyes of hers; they shine so brightly that it's as if they have sparkles in them. Her laugh is so cute that it's been repeating in my mind ever since. Her smile is the only thing I look forward to every single day. 

Her brown, curly hair that I tend to caress whenever she rests her head on my shoulder. I can feel her warmth and softness when our hands touch. I’ll even choose to talk about nonsense so that I can hear her voice. 

And I just know that once she says "please," I will definitely give her the world.

I will choose to sit beside her whenever we eat. I will choose to tell her how my day went and how that one classmate of mine made me mad. I will choose to go home late if it means I will be with her. I will choose to talk to her, even if it's late at night. I will choose to lose a simple game just to see her happy because she finally beat me.

As I step into the room again, my eyes are already fixated on her. This time, I already have my answer.

“𝘐𝘯 𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦?”

”𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳.”


IMAGE SOURCE:
Warburton, H. (n.d.). Nightlife Observation. Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/158681586861687403/


No comments:

Post a Comment