Tuesday, September 21, 2021

LITERARY: "Buried Dreamer" by Ace Bryan Lopez


 It was at a cold twilight and my footsteps were the only thing I could hear.

I was walking home alone and I heard the police's deafening siren.

when I heard the gunshots, the only thing I could feel was fear.

I got struck by a lightning and on my feet, I was left standing frozen.

I wasn't aware why they put me behind the bars.

the stars were the witness of my innocence, luckily, it wasn't a cloudy night.

I was detained in jail, it's cold, and I wanted to be free.

I only wanted to dream but they shot their bullets at me.

no one did hear me when I screamed for justice.

Could I have one last chance to experience my last summer solstice?

They already put me inside a vacuum, there's nothing left that I could do.

however, the stars will eventually come out, the constellations held the clue.

numbers of equinox and solstice had passed.

my story was buried six feet under and only became a rumor.

don't let everyone forget about the truth of the past.

if only my family had the privilege, I'd attained justice sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment