Thursday, September 23, 2021

LITERARY: “The Savior’s Sinner” By: Kloe Rivera

!!TW!!


My calves were burning, my heart hurt. I couldn't let this happen, not again, I wouldn’t be able to stand it. I heard her screams echoing around a room of endless walls, it hurt me to hear her like this again. If only I was stronger, if only I was faster, if only I had the strength to save her. But once again, I was flooded with despair when she died in my arms, and the world was at peace.

I was just a young lad before this, as an immortal being I had low standards of the world as it continuously spread war and hellfire through and through. When I met her, she was but a mere humanㅡpure human. This young lady was like a walking blessing, she had a strong heart which led us to many victories. But no human lives forever, do they?

“You were a funny man.” She whispered, her dry lips creeping into a smile.

“Are you sure you can do this?”

“You don't have to worry, I will lead us all and we will soon come home and fill our stomachs in triumph.”

And there she was, flashing before my eyes were the red drops of pure human blood. She had saved the world, and here she screamed in pain as both her and the enemy fell, taking her final breath in my arms.

“I don’t know how many times I have buried you, my love.” I had already seen her reincarnation too many times, saving her people and dying in my arms. I wanted to save her, I wanted her to be with me forever.

500 years have passed and here I see her smile once again. I don’t want her to put herself in danger, I don’t want her to put her life on the line for the sake of the world, no matter how selfish it sounds I want her to be with me.

“You can’t go.” I said, her lips pursed in confusion.

“Whatever do you mean?”

“I can’t let you put yourself in danger.”

“Darling, you don't need to worry, I will lead us to victory andㅡ”

“No, you won’t! You’ll grow weaker and you’ll die in my arms, again!”

“I wouldn’t want to die anywhere else, but please, stop worrying.”

I gritted my teeth and silently let her walk away. When I saw her on the battlefield, all those memories of her dying in my arms began to replay in my head over and over again. I don’t want her to die in someone else’s hands.

“I would rather have the world be at war if it meant being with you. If being with you is a sin, then I’ll gladly be a sinner.”

Blood gushed out of her mouth as my own sword impaled on her stomach and died in my arms once more. Until now, her heart remains with me as the world spreads war and hellfire through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment