Wednesday, September 15, 2021

LITERARY: PURPOSE AT THE END By: Axel Adame

Why does it look like it is more important to them?
It's raining cats and dogs here as I look at my window. I hear over the news that there is a typhoon so I get worried for those who have no house to live in or the flood that may occur. I guess I'll give a donation this time again.
"Dela Cruz, Juan, maaasahan, matapat, at may paninindigan. Iboto sa darating na eleksiyon!"
I get frozen right at the moment as I'm seeing trees dancing because of the strong wind. I burst into laughter then immediately turn on my phone to look at what the date is today.
"Really? This early? They began to campaigning right at this moment?"
"20,213 new COVID cases tallied today," The news reporter said.
I suddenly feel confused and blank at the same time. Why does it have to be this early while the fact that there are so many societal issues and global epidemic to solve.
As I pass through the kitchen, I hear my father make no bones about something.
Why even him has to be like them?
"I want my advertisement to shine over the other... Make my name more fragrant to the people," My father casually says.
I think that is the end, but right after I enter my room, paid ads by the politicians are continuously showing on the T.V.
I read some tweets and posts of other people regarding the early campaign the politicians are doing now. After minutes of scrolling, I read this blatant words:
"Hindi ka maaasahan, walang puso at pagpapabango lang ng pangalan ang kayang gawin ng Santos na 'yan. Ayusin niyo muna ang problema ng bansa!" The man tweets.
He's pertaining to my father and I know those words are merely true about him. Politics is still politics.
I hear footsteps while I'm packing the donations.
"Politics is still politics. I want to live on purpose now and not think about winning the election. That is just for pride and ego. I must drive the trust people gave me."
My tears betray me as they run through my cheeks.
"It's too early. Be responsible and be sensitive. Don't disappoint us for voting you last election. You don't have to campaign this time. You have to drive the trust the people gave you." That is my last statement after I end the video that I have posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment