Friday, November 5, 2021

LITERARY: "Our Little Hideaway" by Alexa Ellana


A small note rested on my desk, simply saying the words, "meet me at our spot!!!" I knew who it was from, I always did. It would always be from that one friend. My best friend.


"Yahoo~ Over here!" they smiled at me, waving their arms. I chuckled at their enthusiasm and sat next to them. "I brought my cards, wanna play some old maid?" they asked. "Sure," I smiled back at them.


If we were here, it would always feel like it was just the two of us. Nobody else mattered, just two friends, playing cards in a playground. Its colors started to look faded in the night. The only source of light was the lamp post on the other side of the street.


"Hah! I win!" they semi-yelled, throwing their arms in the air. "Yeah, Yeah," I chuckled. "Next Round."


 "Alright," they said in a sing-song voice. "I'll beat you this round" I grinned. "Oh in your dreams!" they stuck their tongues out at me before shuffling the cards again.


The sound of cards shuffled. Leaves rustled with the wind, some fell nearby. "Now, choose!" they held up four cards. I chose the third one, and I looked to see it was the Joker card. I sighed before holding up my cards. They then picked up the second card which ironically was also the Joker card.


They groaned before holding up their cards again. It went on before they won, I grinned at them. "You won!" they laughed before checking their phone. Their eyes widen "It's already late! See you tomorrow, same time!" They waved before running back to their house. "See you," I wave back before doing the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment