Tuesday, December 14, 2021

LITERARY: "You and Me Between Seasons" by Samantha Apalit

Classification: Poetry

Theme: Romance

Synopsis: Our best romance doesn't happen at specific times; it just happens, and how do we explain it as the seasons change?


You tell me you like spring,

I tell you it fits you well.


Because when you smile,

Carnations bloom.

And when you laugh,

Lilacs grow everywhere else.


Well, December has come, my dear.

And the winter is pretty near.


So, like a snowflake,

fall on me.

And like a child—

I'll catch you.


Beneath the blanket of stars and snow,

I'll mold a place for you to go.

We’ll lay out our own sanctuary, 

Candlelight sinking into our bodies. 


And if you’ll let me,

I'll hold you close.

Darling, if you'll let me, 

I'll shelter you from the cold. 


I’ll love you like a fireplace,

Home and warmth all at once.


And when the night passes,

And all the snow melts;

Winter will bid us goodbye,

And we’ll be all that is left.


Spring will come along with the sun,

With a breeze as soft as your love.

You’d point to the butterflies and bees, 

I'll find a smile of yours I've never seen.


You tell me you like spring,

I tell you I like you.



Published by: Lloyd Agbulos 

Time published: 10:08 AM

Date published: December 14, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment