Friday, February 11, 2022

LITERARY: "Cake: A Miserable Night" by Alesana Hailey Y. Olivarez

Category: Prose

Theme: Action

Synopsis: There was a teenage girl who was kidnapped by an old man. This girl was much different from the little girl. She would get the old man arrested and be sentenced to prison for life. But before that, how would she be able to get the old man arrested? Would she be able to unbind such hidden truths?

TW: Kidnapping, Blood

--

With a knife in my leg, I slowly ran away from him, hoping that I would find a way out of this horrible, dwelling place.

I was a fourteen-year-old girl, currently in eighth grade. I always dreamt of becoming a detective someday. But due to my poor solving and thinking skills, I doubt anything good would happen.

People would say I was a foolish person, carelessly making decisions. I must say, they never spoke such lies. I'd never realized how idiotic I was until that day.

It was the fourth of July. It was a sunny morning so, I decided to go for a stroll. A strong wind suddenly came by. As the leaves scattered, I saw an old peculiar man holding plenty of colorful balloons. We made eye contact for a while. Out of the blue, he offered me one of his balloons. "Would you like to come to my house? I make the best tea in town," he approached me with a smile. I nodded yes and had gone with him mindlessly.

People around me always taught me to never trust strangers yet, what did I do? Surely enough, I learned my lesson now.

I thought he wouldn't harm me since he was old. He seemed suspicious but, I was blinded.

Soon, we reached his home. Frankly, his house looked impressive. Not a speck of dust was seen. I never suspected his house had such a bloody room. I could imagine the screams from the children he brought inside.

He soon gave me the tea he promised. I drank it without reluctance. We sat at a table in his backyard, enjoying the sunset. Just a minute later, I started coughing blood. As I suffer, I saw him letting out such a terrifying smile. My eyes widen as I caught my breath. I never knew this type of pain existed.

He treated me pleasantly but, that was only in the beginning. I never knew how dreadful elderlies could be until that day.

He pulled me towards his kitchen. I was so dazed that I couldn't think properly. He dropped me on a huge table, with blood all over, putting drugs in my tea, causing me to go numb. I couldn't move my body at all. I screamed in terror as he pulled out a vast number of knives, about to stab me. A few seconds later, I gained consciousness. Luckily, my father taught me martial arts. I kicked the old man, trying to find the exit. I still couldn't think properly at that time. Everything was shaking, and my body felt strange. I looked everywhere, yet I found nothing. He soon got up, yelling in anger. I quickly hid in a closet, shivering with fear. As I calmed myself down, I noticed a corpse woman at the corner. I began to think if that would be how I look if I don't survive.

Soon, I heard footsteps coming near me. "I don’t want to die yet—I'm not allowing it," I whimpered softly as I cover my mouth. I then made a loud bang inside the closet and used the corpse woman as bait for him. He would think the woman is me and I could buy myself time to figure out a plan to escape. Somehow, I managed to get away from him in the meantime. I needed to find a way how I could escape. I searched and searched, only to find out I was only going in circles. I still couldn't find the exit. I've spent a huge amount of time doing absolutely nothing. If I wasn't so foolish, I would've gotten out briskly. I began looking for the door that leads outside the house as I slowly regain my senses. I tried escaping, but it was no use. He was everywhere inside the house.

A few moments later, I found myself making eye contact with the old man. He then chased me, going round and round his house. I couldn't do anything but run and hide.

Staying inside his house made me more insane rather than scared. I desperately wanted to live. His house was like a maze that I couldn't get out of.

I already found the exit but, he put huge chains with a lot of padlocks. There was no way I could break that. I decided to find another way out instead of looking for the keys. I knew I was horrible at finding things so, I started to improvise.

Fortunately, I found a way out. I found a small hole inside his house that leads outside. Luckily, I could fit through the hole. I was very close to getting out, but he pulled my leg. "Where do you think you're going?" He told me. I kicked quickly kicked him as I panic. As luck would have it, I got out of his house. Finally, I was able to see light again. I ran away from his house as fast as I could, laughing with happiness.

When I got home, everyone jumped towards me. "Where have you been?!" My mother shouted at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm home," I said as I hug my family.

"Life is full of adventures," they say, but I wouldn't dare call mine an adventure. I was traumatized by the fact that I avoided crowds for a while. I wonder what else happens upon ahead.

Months have passed, I decided to ask the police to investigate the old man that kidnapped me. I didn't want him to get away with it. I didn't want another kid to be victimized by him. After investigating, I found out that not only was he a murderer, but he was also a rapist. No wonder he only kidnaps girls.

The police surrounded the old man's house, armed with guns. The old man didn't have any choice but to go with the police. At last, he was arrested. Peace was just around the corner. He was sentenced to prison for life. As faith would have it, the old man was finally getting what he deserved.

Years have passed, I was now a grown woman. I'd finally obtained the title of detective and now living a life one could ever imagine. Being kidnapped made me much bright, as my solving skills widen. I was now able to solve such mysteries untold. I was able to save many lives. Maybe meeting such a dangerous killer wasn't bad, after all.


Published by: Lloyd Agbulos 

Date published: February 11, 2022

Time published: 1:27 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment