Tuesday, March 8, 2022

LITERARY: "Behind No One" by Axel Adame (National Women's Month)

 


Published By: Kim Ashley Masagca

Date Published: March 8, 2022

Time Published: 7:33am


Category: Poetry

Theme: Bravery

Synopsis: I was incapable of doing anything; the growth of weakness was colonizing. I always stood behind him but I wouldn't let myself be just here. 


A strong wind came by, 

Then a man saved me for once.

I shouldn't fight with it, 

He said with his deep voice. 

 

I always stood behind him,

Thought that I should just always be there,

Afraid of the hurdles that would come,

But he was always there—he saved me.

 

I always stood behind him, 

Incapability was burgeoning in my mind.

I couldn't last with any of those,

I was just a woman; he said with his full voice. 

 

I always stood behind him, 

Made me feel that I was frail,

Hidden from the cruel world, 

Stood no chance by myself.

 

By repeatedly setting myself behind him, 

My incapability addressed me, 

"Were you just always here?" 

My feet pluckily emancipated the impotent. 

 

Freed from his behind, 

Faced with every deterrent, 

I could last for any of those, 

I was also capable of what you did. 

 

I was never behind someone else, 

I am now on my first line.

I was never just a woman,

I am a WOMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment