Tuesday, March 29, 2022

LITERARY: Thousand Battle by Daniel Garcia


Published by: Renz Mar M. Mangana

Date Published: March 15, 2022

Time Published: 10:17 AM


Category: Poetry

Theme: Despair

Synopsis: Problems were everywhere, but did you ever feel like your problems were endless


I had fought a battalion of horrors,

But it seemed like a thousand more had yet to come.

Their footsteps made me succumb in fear.

 

Gunfights and explosions erupted everywhere.

As shrapnel penetrated my body,

It made me feel like death was inevitable.

 

A hand touched my back.

Was it an ally or a foe?

Would he kill me or help me?

 

I felt nothing but fear and sorrow.

I lost my hope and was eaten by despair.

Was it goodbye then?

 

I thought to myself:

Would I be able to survive?

Would I be able to see the sun once more?

 

If I were able to survive,

Then I'd live the life I'd never had.

Farewell, my beloved world.

No comments:

Post a Comment