Thursday, April 7, 2022

LITERARY: Tilted Gratitude by Isela Ingrid Pabunan


Published by: Renz Mar M. Mangana

Date Published: April 7, 2022

Time Published: 12:54 PM


Category: Prose

Theme: Ruined Friendship

Synopsis: A bond could last for a long time, strengthened through difficulties, but could be broken with the lack of happiness. A friend is someone we can trust, sometimes could ruin the knot. If it all was let go for a single reason, what could be the abstract blame for the unrequited bond? 


I was the friend who always went above and above, who put in the most effort. A companion that would gladly give you what you need, unhesitant to receiving nothing in return.


We can consider every person different, from their actions to their very character. Everyone has their own dismissive angle. Either way, you were no different from an exploiter.


You were always to take advantage, whenever you were desperate for help, you would rush. All of your attention would turn to you. Forgetting my gratitude, your selfishness strikes in.


I found out just now how ridiculous I was, to last a while with now an undeserving one. Aren't typical bonds supposed to be balanced? Does no one outweigh the other?


We're supposed to support and embrace each other, but why does it seem one-sided?


The thought of it seemed exhausting. Until the time came. The jar exploded, it overflowed.


What was once filled with plans and optimistic sensations, was now splattered with traumatic and devastating memories.


If it wasn't for that time, we could have had it better. I considered it all normal by the fact that you were entertaining someone, but I almost got blinded by that reason.


I accepted it all, considering I was still stupid. They seemed "fine" because I'm unaware.

When the void of guilt-filled you up, I absorbed it. I became the pillow to catch your tears, but not my blanket who's willing to keep me warm on a freezing night.


This time I've had enough of it. Now I'm saying goodbye. Goodbye to the great times we had, filled with joy and chaotic moments. Goodbye to the gloomy and blues, the time we had shared each other's dilemma.


I promised to never forget you, but who believes in promises nowadays? It's quite ironic the fact that we trusted its stealth than the thickness of our skull

No comments:

Post a Comment