Monday, July 13, 2026

π—Ÿπ—œπ—§π—˜π—₯𝗔π—₯𝗬: “Mother's Daughter” by Lana Yvonne Rante

               



Cartoon by: Blessed Gift Paradina

Published by: Kyla Shane Recullo

Date Published: July 13, 2026

Time Published: 10:30 AM

 

Category: Poetry

Theme: A daughter's grief towards being a disappointment

 

Oh, mother, what would you think of me now?

Would I still be the little girl you'd see?

If you searched my face, would you ask me how?

Or say I'm still the child you believe to be?

 

I think I am rotting away somehow,

Can you smell what hides beneath my skin?

A quiet decay I carry even now,

A daughter shaped softly by the rot within.

 

Mother, I have grown old and weary enough to know,

That I cannot be your sunshine once again,

The passing years have taught my back to bow,

And turned soft warmth into a quiet pain

 

You stopped following to see how far I'd go,

Perhaps you thought I'd outrun all my doubt,

But the truth is, mother, even moving slow,

I never truly wandered that far out.

No comments:

Post a Comment