Tuesday, August 25, 2026

π—Ÿπ—œπ—§π—˜π—₯𝗔π—₯𝗬: "Inhaling Depravity" by Gwen Agda


 

Published by: Julianne Faula Lugod 

Date Published: August 25, 2026

Time Published: 3:40 PM



Category: Prose

Theme: I live in a nation full of devils and it's citizens as prisoners.

 

"I can't breathe."

 

These were the final words spoken before the toxic breeze enveloped the peoples minds. The devils never needed chains. They stole our lungs first, then erased the memories of a time we could inhale so freely.

 

This world, saturated with polluted air that's filled with moral decay, consumes one's brain until their minds become shackled and tainted, while those who still possess a glimmer of hope in their eyes winds up blinded by the corrupted haze.

 

When will this tyranny cease? The longer I hold my breath—the more I see those with devilish horns, spewing immorality, and yet the ones that are blinded by them are pretending they can still inhale in this unbearable world.

 

But those who are now sightless once had the chance to see when the wind was still sweet, filled with promises and peace. Yet by the time the bitterness got to their tongues, they became blind, their lungs swallowing the propaganda.

 

I still hold out hope for those who cough up the poisoned air that fills their body. In their mind, they still notice the depravity in the land they walk, the atmosphere they breathe, and the people they see.

 

The imprisoned and impoverished have no choice but to walk blindly in the tines of pitch forks of those in control.



No comments:

Post a Comment