Category: Poetry
Theme: To be destined for someone but not as their peace and love but as their ruin and punishment
Seldomnly, I’d hope to be selfish,
Like i’m having dibs on the last dish.
I’d make you starve for scraps of affection,
Until your heart begged in pure desperation.
I’d leave you while you self deprecate,
Ignoring your cries while you just break.
I’d leave while you drowned inside your mind,
Ignoring the shattered pieces you couldn’t bind.
But most of the time, I’d kneel with trembling hands,
Begging God to break what my heart still demands.
“If they are not mine to love, then take my love away,
Before it destroys us more each day.”
Because we were never meant to intertwine,
Like broken stars refusing to align.
And even when my tears escape my eye,
My aching heart still fails to say goodbye.
Because to love me would only bring you despair,
A fire too cruel for gentle hands to bear.
Perhaps some souls are destined to part,
Not as peace and love, but as each other’s scars.

No comments:
Post a Comment