Sunday, October 24, 2021

LITERARY: Deja vu (Prose) By: Dane Navarro

 

I opened my eyes as soon as I heard my alarm, looked side to side and wandered. I discerned the compilation of law books as well as the reports of studies. I also had an urge to scan today's case. Suddenly, I felt something odd. I was about to comprehend what was happening but again, heard my alarm, which might ring a bell for me to get prepared.

The sluggish and ill-equipped lady turned into Philadelphia Lawyer. According to my readings, my client complained to his brother. He was supposed to take the law into his own hands, but he didn't want to end up like those he opposed.

I was on my way to the court; my alarm rang again while I put my blazer on. Abruptly, one man caught my whole attention. He surely was my client, the unhesitant person to seek justice.

I came with my gun for today's hearing and I was all set for the battle. Upon reloading the bullet on to the witness' stand and after being set on fire, she refused to blow the whistle all of a sudden; the bullet that could have aimed to expose the truth had swiftly missed the shot. Thousands and thousands of persuasion, I told her to fess up, but she turned a blind eye to what happened. The judge spoke, and the case against my client's brother was nulled and voided. I bent out of shape of what was the judge's decision. It was a travesty of justice.

Unexpectedly, someone came up and opened the court door and said, "He told me to take the rap of what he did!"

We were all startled but the plaintiff got tensed and had stirred tremors. It seemed like an open and shut case, another bullet that could hit the missed mark for one last time. My alarm summoned again, interrupted me for the third time! And by this time, I picked it up.

I woke up.

It was all just a dream! An effin’ dream!

By this time, I surely opened my eyes wide open. I took a glimpse on my module as well as my school paper works. Also, I browsed today's new lesson and got dressed for my online class.

My professor grabbed my whole attention. What a deja vu; from a Philadelphia Lawyer changed into a motivated yet drained student real quick. There was one thing for sure: it was a justice that I wanted to chase, a dream that I didn't want to end.

Well, it would never end because I would continue to chase it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment