Tuesday, October 5, 2021

LITERARY: "The One Who Pulled The Tides" by: Kloe Rivera

 TW: Drowning

The bright rays of sunlight that would find their way through the gaps of the waves, the seaweed that would dance with the current, and the beautiful schools of flowing life that would surround it all. I’ve seen everything already, I had seen the joys of the children by the shore as the sand enclosed their feet, but I wanted to see more, there was always more, right?

I wanted to see what it would be like to travel on human grounds, there was always more out there, there always was.

And so I jumped, I jumped as high as I could, the air was getting closer and I was ready to see the sunlight, when I arose the people cried of joy and played to their heart's content, I couldn’t stay in the air for long and sank back to the bottom of the ocean.

I needed to jump higher this time, much higher than before. I crouched down and held my breath as I jumped once again, and it was great. More people watched as I jumped higher and higher, I wanted to reach the clouds.

But the children’s eyes were losing happiness, they were.. scared? But why? Must I jump even higher?

I took a deep breath and I promised myself I would reach the clouds, with a long hold I jumped to my limits. People started screaming, they ran away from me, they shouted, they cried and they wept.

“TSUNAMI, RUN!”

There, I noticed what I had done, I wanted to stop. Take me back to the bottom of the ocean, I didn’t know this would happen. I saw the people collapse before me, I took away the air they needed, I took away their lives in exchange for my freedom.

I didn’t think I saw the children again, I was too ashamed. Here, I sank at the bottom of the ocean where I realized... some things aren’t meant to be explored..

No comments:

Post a Comment