Tuesday, January 18, 2022

LITERARY: "Ununited Souls" by Alesana Hailey Y. Olivarez



Category: Prose

Theme: Split up of a friendship

Synopsis: Back then, there was a girl who was friends with her cousin. They would spend their time together, always enjoying themselves. They couldn't imagine ending their friendship, but then their mothers fought, forcing them to break apart.

-

I’d frequently wondered what happened to him. Was he now living a peaceful life with his mother after leaving me?


I'd once become friends with this boy for almost three years. We would consistently hang out together. Always enjoying ourselves. I thought of it as if our friendship would never end.

We met because of our mothers. He was the son of my auntie. One day, our moms fought.


Both our moms were inside a huge group of friends. Suddenly, his mom and her other friend quarreled. My mom knew who was right and who was wrong. Because of that, she sided with the other friend. She didn't side with my friend's mom. His mom became so angry that she ended the friendship with my mom. Now, our friendship got affected. We didn't talk after that scenario.


It was quite pathetic how our three wonderful years of friendship just turned into waste.


He made me feel loved—something that no one else can give. He was one of the people who made me feel special and happy. He could make me feel beautiful even in the worst situations. It was a pity that our friendship ended. He just vanished after the fight between our moms. The both of us didn't have anything to do with this but... why did we have to get involved with their drama?


I tried looking for him. When I finally found him, he was already with another girl. After I saw him, I didn't bother messaging or talking to him anymore. I figured he was happy with his new life. A  life without me.

-

Published by: Julianne Andrei Batiao

Date published: January 18, 2022

Time published: 8:51 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment