Tuesday, February 8, 2022

LITERARY: "Forbidden Love: Vengeance" by Alesana Hailey Y. Olivarez

Category: Prose

Theme: Royalty, Revenge

Synopsis: After the late Queen's death, she finds herself being reincarnated into a wealthy woman's body. She trained herself as she knew what her mission was. She deeply wanted to kill her ex-husband, but she never intended to unhide such hidden truths. 


--


"Finally, you got what you deserved. Have fun spending eternal time in hell, you wretch," I said at my husband's death. But... this wasn't what I intended to happen. Yes, I truly was still foolish. Regrets are yet again, flowing through me. 


The time has come when I was reincarnated into a new person. Luckily, I was born into a wealthy family. I knew for myself what my mission was. I had to kill my ex-husband for my soon-to-be revenge. 


Although I was born in a different country from his, that didn't stop me. I trained myself every day, forcing myself to be stronger than him. I spent my years gathering enough money so I could take my leave. 


I waited for a lot of years. Now, the time has come to go back to my country. As soon as I got there, I was shocked by my country's state. Everything...everything that I worked hard for the country...was destroyed. "That sickening man," I growled. 


I came to the castle as I burst into anger. Some knights stopped me, but I found a way to escape. As I was lurking inside the castle, I found him with a new woman. I was surprised to see him married again. I had no problem with whom he married, but the way he treated her made me upset.


He was finally acting like a husband. I wondered what changed him...not once he had treated me like that. I hate to admit it, but I envied her.


After watching them romancing, I hid where my husband usually stayed. I was astonished to see that the room was now a nursery. Just how much did I miss?


I couldn't take it anymore. I went out of the castle, trying to figure out what was happening. I asked the villagers about the country's state but no one answered. An old lady soon came to me saying, "This country went through war if you are wondering. If it weren't for the great King, we would all be dead by now." I was stunned to hear about the war. Did he really want my family's wealth? That wasn't the husband I knew. From my perspective, he was like a devil, secretly disguised as an angel. Frankly, he had changed a lot.


I began having second thoughts. Should I kill him? 


Reminiscing my memories with him, yes, I should kill him. We both shared terrible memories while being in marriage so, it was best to end it that way. The country and his new wife had nothing to do with this. I only wanted him to realize what he had done to me.


After getting enough information about the country, I started planning on how to assassinate him. I already arranged everything, including my plan to get close to him. I'd be disguised as a maid for the castle so I would get close to him. The closer I got to him, the faster I could end his existence.


It was now my first day as their maid. I became much angrier just by seeing my husband and his new wife. "That should be me," I said while watching them at the back. Jealousy started growing through me. I also loved him as she did, but why did I have a different treatment like hers? Was it because I was hideous? What was our difference...? We acted completely the same but, why am I the only one who was suffering? 


The next day, I couldn't wait anymore. I grabbed a knife, running towards him as I stabbed him uncontrollably. "Have we met before? You remind me of my late wife," he said while coughing blood. His wife saw me and immediately called the guards. It was expected that I would be sentenced to execution but that never stopped me. His death was the only thing I could think of while living my wretched life. And so, I escaped the dungeon. I came back to the castle, seeing him in a bed slowly recovering. "Now is my chance. He's in a state where he can't even move," I whispered to myself. 


I grabbed his sword—the one he used to slaughter me. He opened his eyes, staring at me and saying, "Oh hello, what are you doing here?" 


"You foolish man!" I shouted at him. "I'm your wife, and I've come to seek my revenge," I said. I was surprised that he didn't say a word while I was stabbing him. It was somehow unbelievably nostalgic. "Look how the tables turned!" I shouted while my eyes were saying, "Complete victory."


After I killed him, I let out a smirk as I left worry-free. My misery was finally over. I could now live in peace. 


Just as I was about to leave, he whispered something. "Forgive me, my love. I never meant to treat you wrongly. My parents are held responsible for everything that's happened. I was brainwashed, always following their orders. I was afraid to be a disappointment to them. But... I loved you very much. I couldn't express it to you because of my state. I truly am sorry, my love. Please forgive me," he said as he closes his eyes. 


I broke into tears as he asked for forgiveness. All this talk of nonsense...made my eyes teary. The very one thing I wanted from him...his love. Oh, why? Just why did this have to happen. We loved each other from the very beginning. Why did it have to end? 


I left the castle with tears in my eyes. If only I could rewind the past. 


"I hope we meet again, my sweet darling," I said while looking up at the sky.


Published by: Lloyd Agbulos 

Date published: February 08, 2022

Time published: 12:31 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment