Friday, April 8, 2022

LITERARY: Flower Language by Cristian Jade Tulisana

 


Published by: Renz Mar M. Mangana

Date Published: April 8, 2022

Time Published: 2:54 PM


Category: Poetry

Theme: Friendship

Synopsis: You can hear them on your brightest days and receive validation every day.

 

Ambrosial rays of Matthiola Incana,

Had spoken the illicit beauty in town,

Calla Lilies told me no lies like,

Not even the royals compared to you.

 

They became my friends for so long,

I worked hard to make them strong,

The bonds were inextricable forever,

My ally against all floods and odds.

 

They only spoke with watered care,

Bloomed their compliments at your prime,

As the nutrient supply glistens,

The flowers listen.

 

I always questioned the flowers for praises,

The law of economics was broken,

With the striking demands getting up,

My flowers wanted expensive fertilizers.

 

As I gave them their needs,

A bounty of calming, scented words were scattered,

The whole garden turned into a dying nebula,

I felt comfortable with their blossoms.

 

The day came when I couldn't provide,

A crypto with down stocks,

But they seemed to hide in their spots,

No single fragrance was detected nearby.

 

I gave my all to them,

But they turned into a giant Venus Flytrap,

The petals shed blew in my face,

I never thought I would be treated this way.

 

I departed like a criminal from the temple,

The most wanted without crimes,

I almost bled to death fighting.

Flowers depended on what you could give.

 

I realized that I should've extracted them,

Out of the garden, being a perfume,

Market rather than connections,

Priority over an abusive relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment