Thursday, April 7, 2022

LITERARY: “The Shunless You” By Darein P. Catchillar


Published by: Jahzara Jera P San Miguel
Date published: April 7 2022 
Time published: 8:30am 

Category: Poetry
Theme: Disillusionment and Dreams
Synopsis: There is no getting around the fact that you are who you are. The impact of your being is significantly greater than that of this functioning world.

This auburn sky bore testimony to the lunacy as well as all the ties.
I should have been forewarned:
Sacrificing was a necessary part of the dreaming process.
Seeing was, in fact, a source of agony.
Speaking entailed having an impact.
And prospering meant coming to terms with the tragic reality.
 
I didn't think I'd ever get things right.
In this world full of deceptive possibilities, I didn't believe I'd ever be capable of anything.
I didn't believe that I would ever make sense if I wanted to stand up for something or succeed at something.
It didn't seem to matter to me if all I did was dream and envision things that I needed rather than what I wanted to be.
I didn't think that I would ever be myself again.
 
But I could've been grateful if I'd been getting things right all along.
I could've wandered as much as I could if I was truly capable of thriving for things.
I could've said more of the truth if my voice had been the best for all the changes.
If my dreams were truly what I needed and aspired to be, then perhaps I did matter.
Perhaps it was still me.

Painting: The Banquet (1958) by Rene Magritte

No comments:

Post a Comment