Thursday, March 23, 2023

𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬: "Aeternum Gratum" by Jasper Vincent S. Española

 


Published by: June Robert De Guzman

Date Published: March 23, 2023

Time Published: 12:52 PM


Category: Poetry

Theme: Appreciation for a beloved.


When the morning sun kisses,

Cheeks are bright as they glisten.

Every moment, my heart reminisces;

And you take the time to listen.


No words come out―

But my ears dance in glee!

To see your eyes is enough to dispel doubt.

All I need is presence from thee.


Nothing has changed―better even!

A smile so warm, my body ever so weakens.

To each and every day I wake,

Thou face is hope itself―no ounce of fake.


Heart is at peace, with no semblance of clamour.

Dance with the stars, such a radiant glamour!

My beloved, you are everything.

See another dawn with you, I'd give anything.


Cartoon By Patricia Dayao

No comments:

Post a Comment