Sunday, February 14, 2021

LITERARY: "Recipient" by Jasmine Samio

I haven't conceded it until now

in any case, my sonnets are as it were 

a re-course of action 

of the letters implied 

to be shipped off you. 

A changed of words 

held up somewhere down in my throat 

that I purposely 

jot on my notes 

as updated sentences 

trusting they'd mean 

something different 

in more up to date arrangements. 

I had a go at composing 

about how alluring the sunset is

yet, it only leads on

depicting the sunshine

you brought at whatever point you smile. 

I expounded on skies,

how unwinding it is to gaze at night

in any case, it seemed like 

blues of missing you 

that couldn't simply fade.

I occupied the space 

you left with ideas 

of some sort of irony

yet at the same time found an approach to 

correspond you with perfectly matched vocabulary.

The season is an observer 

in my endeavor and foolish points of waiting

Be that as it may, even though my verse, 

you’d consistently end up being the subject 

— you're as yet the recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment