Wednesday, October 27, 2021

LITERARY: "Mail of Memories" By: Isela Ingrid D. Pabunan

 

 

"I'm just bringing back the memories of you." It was a ridiculous feeling, yet something hard to quell. His love that I craved every moment, was now hard to impel. Memories that came from someone important, now let go by someone ignorant. If you were to come back, would you dare to? My consciousness kicked in. Would I still have a chance to be accepted then? Of course, he wouldn’t. What I did cause him so much pain. Even if I still have feelings for him, I wouldn't be able to bring back the sweet times we had. We split up because I lost interest in the relationship. Now that he was gone, everything began to pique my attention. Ignoring all of my irrational notions, I observed that I was working overtime again. I extended my arms and shoulders for improved muscle strength and to reawaken my senses because it was exactly 11:42 a.m.

 

“Aish, overtime again.” I placed my coffee beside the screen and looked at my archived emails. There was an email from him. Excitedly opening the mail, I became giddy. What he sent me were videos of our memories. I played the first video. It was the winter season, and he was videotaping everything I did. I giggled as I fell down by not seeing where I was going while running away as if he was just after me.

 

"Moments that only you gave." We were laying down on the snow while the camera was focused on my face. It was regretful because all those things couldn't be done again, and precious smiles that cannot be returned. The video went on that I was throwing snow against him. A smile crept into my face unconsciously as I continued the video. I made a heart with my arms while saying "I love you" at the end of the first video. I continued on with the next video, it was me posing in front of a clothing shop while being recorded again. We were a perfect pair, posing as if I were a trendsetter while he was my cameraman.

 

“I missed these” Having fun inside the karaoke machine, I was recorded dancing and singing with the song. I laughed at my bumbling antics. The following video showed us playing with water guns on the rooftop. I found myself interlocking my hands and hiding my smile while watching the videos. Such great memories. He started singing while playing the guitar, but my foolish side kicked in. I blocked the frets with my feet to avoid his strumming he tackled me with a hug when he couldn’t take it anymore. We cuddled for a while, yet it was only in the video. It appeared to be genuine, yet it was merely a brief moment of joy. My grin grew wider as I watched our embarrassing footage.

 

"Moments I had with you." He prepared food for me, but it was I who fed him. It was the most enjoyable moment out of all the moments we had. We did a variety of stupid things, including games. To make it more entertaining, we both dressed in unique accessories while playing. We were both trying to win by slamming our fingers on the controller, but only one person will be able to do it. He pulled my One Piece hat to block my sight so he could win. Ugh, I felt the annoyance. I remembered the time we went on a movie date, but sadly it wasn't included in the mail. Gladly I could still recall some, and it was also one of the joyous things we did. A cascade of long-forgotten recollections began to flood my head. All those awful memories came with the finest recollections. Until the day of our break up. My eyes started tearing up because of the times that he was always with me. I realized we couldn’t bring back all of the happy moments, but I was grateful he was a part of my fleeting joys. I hoped I was his finest view till the end of our relationship. I stopped reminiscing because I knew it would only give me sorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment